[bit.listserv.lstsrv-l] Duplicate mailing

DOUG@YSUB.BITNET (Doug Sewell) (02/07/90)

Several lists I'm on (VM-UTIL and IBM-MAIN come to mind immediately)
have been sending two copies of a mailing to me.  Here's an example
received recently (pulled from VM-UTIL@OHSTVMA):

Date:         Wed, 7 Feb 90 00:18:16 EST
Sender:       VM Utilities Discussion List <VM-UTIL@OHSTVMA>
From:         Bill Williams <CMS2@ETSU.BITNET>
Subject:      SHOWfile distribution

Ahhh... just so yawl know...
It appears that the SHOWfile packages are in CARD DUMP format, but being
sent from the LISTSERVs via DISK DUMP -- which means you gotta
RECEIVE then PUNCH it then CARD LOAD it.
----------
    B.R.Wms

Date:         Wed, 7 Feb 90 12:37:35 TUR
Sender:       VM Utilities Discussion List <VM-UTIL@OHSTVMA>
Comments:     "Sender:" was:       VM Utilities Discussion List
              <VM-UTIL@TREARN>
Comments:     Re-sent from List Processor <LISTSERV@TREARN>
Comments:     Warning -- original Sender: tag was LISTNEWS@TREARN
From:         Bill Williams <CMS2@ETSU.BITNET>

AER7101@TECHNION.BITNET (Zvika Bar-Deroma) (02/09/90)

On Wed, 7 Feb 90 08:46:21 EST Doug Sewell said:
>Several lists I'm on (VM-UTIL and IBM-MAIN come to mind immediately)
>have been sending two copies of a mailing to me.  Here's an example
>received recently (pulled from VM-UTIL@OHSTVMA):
To me too. I get IBM-MAIN from EB0UB011 and VM-UTIL from TREARN.
/Zvika