[list.info-appletalk] Looking for LocalTalk hardware info

tom@decwrl.dec.com (Tom Evans) (02/02/90)

In article <9632@batcomputer.tn.cornell.edu>, gaarder@batcomputer.tn.cornell.edu (Steve Gaarder) writes:
> I am working on implementing a localtalk interface
> - Precisely what the adapter box does contain, and how it is wired.
> - How the 8530 chip is set up for this purpose (I have the chip data
> - How packets are formed and sent (framing, error detection, collision

All is revealed (including circuits) in "Inside AppleTalk" from APDA.
I think it's out as a book by now.

			    ---------
Tom Evans  tom@wcc.oz.au        |
Webster Computer Corp P/L       | "The concept of my
1270 Ferntree Gully Rd          |  existence is an
Scoresby VIC 3179               |  approximation"
Australia                       |
61-3-764-1100  FAX ...764-1179  |      D. Conway