[list.info-appletalk] RE>Re- Telnet/MacTCP/Applet

Wolfgang Naegeli <Wolfgang_Naegeli.ED_TSRS@qm01.ctd.ornl.gov> (02/08/90)

         Reply to:   RE>Re: Telnet/MacTCP/Appletal
> In article <3575@accuvax.nwu.edu> jln@acns.nwu.edu (John Norstad -
> that's  me) writes:
> > (I tried to install the FastPath 4 yesterday, but being the worthless
> > hunk of metal that it is, I couldn't get it to work - I almost
> > drop-kicked it into Lake Michigan :-)

> I take it back - thanks to a phone call from Steve Iribarne, an engineer
> with Kinetics/Novell, our new FastPath 4 now works just fine, and our
> QuickMail/StarNine server appears to have stopped crashing.  It's a
> beautiful hunk of metal.

Well, we too are gettine the impression that the quality of customer
service and technical support at Kinetics has been improving recently.
It used to be quite dismal until only a couple of months ago.
We hope that this applies to their hardware too. Hardly any of our
boxes have not gone back for repairs at least once. So I was very
sympathetic and understanding of John's outbreak about the"worthless
hunk of metal."
If not worthless, the Kinetics boxes still seem to be overpriced, even
if they were an order of magnitude more reliable than they have been.

Wolfgang N. Naegeli
Oak Ridge National Laboratory
Internet: wnn@ornl.gov    Bitnet: wnn@ornlstc
Phone: 615-574-6143       Fax: 615-574-3895
Disclaimer:  Above opinions are my own.