[list.british-cars] TR-4A's

	I saw an _interesting_ ad in the paper a day or two ago: a '67
TR-4A, with Webers, headers, electronic ignition, OD, whitewalls (why?),
"new and extra parts", needs paint and new top, good condition.

	Asking price: $1700.

	This is too tempting.  I don't have the time or space, but....
So, what comments do people have?  Might it have IRS?  Does it matter?
Anything to look out for?  How peppy is it likely to be? (how many HP)?

	There's also an AH-3000, '67 Mk III, 90% restored, all parts to finish
the restoration, for $11,000.

Common phrase heard at Amiga Devcon '89: "It's in there!"

archer@hsi.com (Garry Archer) (02/01/90)

Randell Jesup writes:
> 	I saw an _interesting_ ad in the paper a day or two ago: a '67
> TR-4A, with Webers, headers, electronic ignition, OD, whitewalls (why?),
> "new and extra parts", needs paint and new top, good condition.
>
> 	Asking price: $1700.
>
> 	This is too tempting.  I don't have the time or space, but....
> So, what comments do people have?  Might it have IRS?  Does it matter?
> Anything to look out for?  How peppy is it likely to be? (how many HP)?
>
> 	There's also an AH-3000, '67 Mk III, 90% restored, all parts to finish
> the restoration, for $11,000.

How interesting, Randell!  I too regularly peruse the car ads and I have
a similar dilemma.  I just read an ad for essentially the same car you
described above; a 1967 AH 3000 Mk III in excellent condition, etc. for
$1500.... no, that isn't a typo --- fifteen hundred.  My neck still aches
from the way I swivelled to reread the ad.  I at first said to meself that
it must be a typo.  It's just too darn tempting.  It was 11.30pm last night
when I read the ad, but I'm definitely going to telephone about this one!

There's gotta be something wrong somewhere.  Perhaps there are folks out
there (enthusiasts even?) who just don't know the "going" prices for these
nice and relatively rare cars.  It's hard to believe though...

	Garry A.  (Oooo, me neck hurts...)