[rec.arts.startrek.info] Star Trek VI news

mholtz@sactoh0.SAC.CA.US (Mark A. Holtz) (12/01/90)

Here's something I found on rec.arts.movies. Don't know about the
reliability of this soul, though. . .

From: dlk0ms9s@umiami.ir.miami.edu (Mark Santora)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies
Subject: Star Trek Update
Date: 26 Nov 90 14:12:31 GMT

  Over the Thanksgiving weekend I went to the Creation Convention in NYX and had
an interesting conversation with Richard Arnold, a Paramount representative who
works on Star Trek, as well as other things. He stated that Star Trek VI is a
go and wil be out in November of 1991 for the 25th aniversary of Star Trek. It
is being written/directed by Nicholas Meyer, the man responsable for Star Trek 2
and helped wwrite Trek 4.  Everyone is back, no mention of Savick howecer.  Also
in 1991 look for Star Trek 25th Aniversary re-releases of the movies which will
include all five of them LETTERBOXED on laser, and mabey on VHS.

  On the Next Generation look for the departure of Will Wheaton.  He will be
back next season for a few episodes though.  Also look for Nichel Nichols to
play Guinan's daughter or mother, they haven't decided yet which one.  And
an old friend will visit the Enterprise sometime inthe 5th season.  Q also is
set to return sometime after the new year as are the Romulans in a BIG way.

  Last but not least, look for more Star Trek music.  A 2nd Next Generation
album is due out.  ALso just re-released by GNP-Crescendo records are the
soundtrax to Star Trek II and III.

--
                              /\   UUCP: ames att!pacbell!  \
                             |\/|     pyramid sun!pacbell! -=> sactoh0!mholtz
                             |/\| {ucbvax!}ucdavis!csusac!  /
                              \/  INTERNET: mholtz@sactoh0.SAC.CA.USA anyways

Edited by Jim "The Big Dweeb" Griffith - the official scapegoat for r.a.s.i.
Email submissions to trek-info@dweeb.fx.com, and questions to
						trek-info-request@dweeb.fx.com