[rec.arts.startrek.info] PROMO: The Drumhead

mholtz@sactoh0.sac.ca.us (Mark A. Holtz) (04/30/91)

And again, the Promo for "The Drumhead", plus some misc. notes
about "Q-Pid." Don't ask me any questions about the promo, I don't
get to see the promo until the Saturday after the uplink. ;)

Number: 73/517 [Star Trek]
Date  : Mon 22 Apr 1991 9:28p  (20 Apr 91 16:29:00)
>From  : Dean Adams
To    : All
Title : Promos: THE DRUMHEAD (#195)

***                                                                 ***
***  Keep reading for a transcript of todays newly released promo!  ***
***                                                                 ***

Here is the promo information for next new episode: "The Drumhead" (#195),
it will be broadcast starting on Saturday, April 27.

Announcer:
A MYSTERIOUS ACCIDENT UNCOVERS SABOTAGE ON THE ENTERPRISE.

[ explosions in main engineering- visual log playback from stardate 44765.2 ]

[ Worf fighting apparently with a Klingon saboteur ]

Worf (to Picard):  The Federation DOES have enemies, we MUST seek them out!

A RUTHLESS INTERROGATOR STOPS AT NOTHING TO FIND A TRAITOR...

[ investigation team of three beaming aboard, presumably from a small ship ]

Investigator:  I'm going to get to the heart of this conspiracy.

Picard:  I'll fight it.

...AND CAPTAIN PICARD BECOMES THE TARGET OF A STARFLEET WITCH HUNT.

[ Picard shown in the "witness" chair ]

Investigator:  I've brought down bigger men that you, Picard!

JUDGMENT DAY, ON AN ALL NEW EPISODE OF STAR TREK: THE NEXT GENERATION.

Short promo version:

THE HUNT FOR A SPY THREATENS TO DESTROY CAPTAIN PICARD'S CAREER,
ON STAR TREK: THE NEXT GENERATION.

Other info:
This episode was supposed to be a sort of satire based on the McCarthy
trials... the promos certainly appear to reinforce that theory.  This one
is said to have been directed by Jonathan Frakes.  Doesn't look too great...

Notes on "Qpid" (#194):

This is another episode with ALOT of really funny scenes, and humorous
situations among the crew.  There is some very amusing moments with Bev,
Picard, and Vash all together, and when Vash meets Riker...  The whole first
portion of this episode is made up of this kind of excellent character
interaction.  Q does not appear until the end of the first program segment,
and as usual, he has a hilarious opening line.  The Robin Hood stuff does
not occur until half way through the show, and there are some amusing moments
here as well, although the "fantasy" half is not nearly as good as the first
part of the show, but it's really not bad.  There is even a great ending
involving Vash and Q.  This is Yet Another Great Episode!  Unfortunately, the
next one does not look to be nearly as good...
---
 * Origin: SLC-6 Western Spaceport in Simi Valley, CA (1:102/1006.4)
--
      Wish list of items:       /\  UUCP: ames att!pacbell!  \
  * Unix Box with Hard Drive    \/     pyramid sun!pacbell! -=> sactoh0!mholtz

Edited by Jim "The Big Dweeb" Griffith - the official scapegoat for r.a.s.i.
Email submissions to trek-info@dweeb.fx.com, and questions to
						trek-info-request@dweeb.fx.com