[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] NewTek...

navas@cory.Berkeley.EDU (David C. Navas) (02/03/90)

So, speaking of hardware, what is happening with all of our favorite
vaporware?

David Navas
navas@cory.berkeley.edu

eapu030@orion.oac.uci.edu (Jason Goldberg) (02/03/90)

In article <21723@pasteur.Berkeley.EDU> navas@cory.Berkeley.EDU.UUCP (David C. Navas) writes:
>So, speaking of hardware, what is happening with all of our favorite
>vaporware?
>
>David Navas
>navas@cory.berkeley.edu

Well, I don't know about the Toaster, but now even DigiView is vaporware!
It seems that a few weeks ago the FCC contacted NewTek and informed them
that they had over-looked the little matter of FCC approval on the Digi-View
unit, thus NewTek and their distributors have not shipped product for
over two weeks.  I am no expert on the FCC, but I would bet that this
could mean some HUGE fines for NewTek, especially if if doesn't pass.
Can the FCC require a recall?

-Jason-

bear@bu-pub.bu.edu (Blair M. Burtan) (02/06/90)

>> So, speaking of hardware, what is happening with all of our favorite
>> vaporware?

Beats me.  I was ready to order a Toaster when they were first
announced.  That was two years ago.  Personnally, I was wondering
about Digi F/X.  You know, that nifty thing in the Demo Reels that
doesn't exist.  I'll bet that NewTek has a lot of great stuff lying
around the company that could make them a large fortune.

--
| bear@bu-pub.bu.edu                                  enge05c@buacca.bu.edu |