[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] Problem talking to modem

ekins@ingr.com (Brian Ekins) (02/12/90)

I'm having problems talking to my modem on my Amiga 2000.  The modem seems
to be receiving signals from the computer but the computer isn't getting
anything back.  The modem worked fine on someone elses computer and I've
checked out my cable so I'm pretty sure it's in the computer some place.
Any suggestions.  <Flame on> I took it in to the local authorized Commodore
dealer and they wanted to charge me at least $150.00 to fix it before they
even knew what was wrong with it.  Actually they couldn't determine what was
wrong with it (I don't think they tried very hard) and were going to send it
somewhere.  That's why I took it to an authorized repair center, I thought
they would know something about my computer. <Flame off>  So anyway it
anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate it.

|    __  o	Brian Ekins      					    |
|    _ </-	Intergraph Corp.                       205-772-7633         |
|      /> 	...uunet!ingr!b17d!ekins!brian         (UUCP)               |

kms@uncecs.edu (Ken Steele) (02/12/90)

In article <8709@ingr.com>, ekins@ingr.com (Brian Ekins) writes:
> I'm having problems talking to my modem on my Amiga 2000.  The modem seems
> to be receiving signals from the computer but the computer isn't getting
> anything back.  The modem worked fine on someone elses computer and I've
> checked out my cable so I'm pretty sure it's in the computer some place.
> Any suggestions.

I might be able to help.  I might not.  But I can't do
anything because of the lack of detail presented here.

Please spend more time describing your problem concretely;
instead of flaming an unknown dealer.  Gee, you're lucky
you even have a dealer to visit :-)

Ken

--
Ken Steele   Dept. of Psychology    kms@ecsvax.bitnet