[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] Amiga Laser Control

wakres01@pa.usl.edu (Stelly John B) (02/15/90)

I am currently working on a project that invloves the control of a writing
laser using galvonometers.  I would like to control this circuit via a PC,
preferably an amiga.  In an article in Lasers & Optics (I think) they
mentioned someone doing exactly that.  Does anyone know where I can reach this
person, or is anyone else controlling a laser, or other galvo-driven device
with the Amiga ???

John B Stelly III - - - sorry no .sig

bgribble@jarthur.Claremont.EDU (Bill Gribble) (02/15/90)

In article <3818@rouge.usl.edu> wakres01@pa.usl.edu (Stelly John B) writes:
>I am currently working on a project that invloves the control of a writing
>laser using galvonometers.  I would like to control this circuit via a PC,
>preferably an amiga.  In an article in Lasers & Optics (I think) they
>mentioned someone doing exactly that.  Does anyone know where I can reach this
>person, or is anyone else controlling a laser, or other galvo-driven device
>with the Amiga ???

I remember reading about an a500 running a laser light show; not exactly
the same thing, but close.  I think the article was in Amiga World,
four or five issues back.  The company that made the interface was
called Coherent Systems or Coherent Technology or something.

Good luck!

                             Bill