[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] HP Deskjet Plus rebate offer

perley@trub.crd.ge.com (Donald P Perley) (02/16/90)

In article <844@jc3b21.UUCP> fgd3@jc3b21.UUCP (Fabbian G. Dufoe) writes:
>From article <7824@sun.acs.udel.edu>, by jon@sun.acs.udel.edu (Jonathan R Deutsch):
>>
>> After this rebate, how much will this beast cost?  Can any info on the rebate
>> be posted?
>> thanx
>
>The local HP dealer wants $600 after the rebate.  The rebate is good only
>for DeskJet Plus printers purchased from authorized Hewlett-Packard
>dealers.

Doesn't this belong in the hardware group?  Oh, gee.. my first "wrong group"
flame ever.  (followups directed there)

A couple of questions:

How do you tell of a dealer is authorized?  Just asking may not be sufficient
if you recall the Montgomery Grant adds touting full warrantee on the amigas
they sell (which is a lie according to commodore's mail policy).

Is anyone out there who is familiar with the HP printer and the Cannon
bubblejet who could comment on relative print quality, cost/page on the
ink,  etc?

The bubblejet has a wide carraige (at least 14 inch), which I don't
think the HP does, but I'm not sure.

-don perley
perley@trub.crd.ge.com