DCJ101@PSUVM.PSU.EDU (Dan) (02/09/90)

                             Delaware Valley Software
                                  P.O. Box 2007
                                Upper Darby, PA.
                                   19082-0507
                                 (215) 446-9227

     2/7/90  Official Press Release ***** Official Press Release  2/7/90

Attention A1000 Amiga Owners!!

Install the forthcoming Enhanced Chip Set and Kickstart 1.4 in your A1000!!

That's right! How many of you were delighted to hear about the amazing
abilities your Amiga would possess after having the ECS installed? Having
1meg of Chip ram, Non-Interlaced Hi-Res, and several new Video and Genlock
modes. Then only to have your heart drop when you learned that the ECS
could only be installed in the A500, A2000, and A2500 models? Or the new
Kickstart 1.4, which cannot be loaded into the A1000 without using
additional memory.

We didn't like the news anymore than you did. That's why we created the
DVS-Wonder.

        What will it do for me?

The DVS-Wonder allows you to enhance your A1000 with the following:

          1. 512k or 1meg of Chip ram on the DVS-Wonder.

          2. Motherboard memory converted to Pseudo-Fast ram.

          3. Use of the Fat or Enhanced Agnus.

          4. Use of the Enhanced Denise.

          5. Software select one of three Kickstart roms; 1.2, 1.3, or 1.4.

          6. A2000 compatible Clock, with battery backup.

          7. A2000 compatible Audio Filter Switch.

          8. Reduces problems with external expansion devices
             by suppressing bus noise.

        What about compatibility?

The DVS-Wonder replaces the Ram/Rom (Kickstart) daughter board in the
A1000, and is the same size and shape as the original daughter board. Thus
providing 100% compatibility with any other internal expansion products you
might have. All known ECS compatible software works with the DVS-Wonder.

        Why should I buy the DVS-Wonder?

The DVS-Wonder will secure the investment you have made in your Amiga 1000
system by providing 100% compatibility with the newer Amiga models. Plus,
you can continue to use your current expansion bus peripherals. You retain
the ability to use different Kickstart versions for compatibility with
older software. In addition, you can switch off the Audio Filter to enjoy
the full stereo output of your Amiga. And no longer will you have to set
the system clock by hand.

        What is the cost?

The DVS-Wonder is available in kit form or assembled.

     Part #           Description                                   Price
DVS-Wonder-Kit   Bare PCB, Pal chips, Support Disk                   $124.95

DVS-Wonder-Asm1  512k, Fat Agnus, 1.2 Kickstart, Real Time
                 Clock, Audio Filter Switch, Support Disk            $299.95

DVS-Wonder-Asm2  1meg, Enhanced Agnus, 1.2 and 1.3 Kickstart,
                 Real Time Clock, Audio Filter Switch, Support Disk  $399.95

Wonder-Parts     All sockets, capacitors, resistors, cables,
                 etc needed (not including the following)             $49.95

512k Ram         512k of 120ns DRAM                                   $34.95

1meg Ram         1meg of 120ns DRAM                                   $69.95

1.2 Kickstart    v1.2 of Amiga OS                                     $22.95

1.3 Kickstart    v1.3 of Amiga OS                                     $27.95

Fat Agnus        512k Chip ram standard version of Agnus              $69.95

Enhanced Agnus   1meg Chip ram ECS version of Agnus                   $99.95

1.4 Kickstart    Forthcoming version of Amiga OS             To Be Announced

Enhanced Denise  ECS version of Denise                       To Be Announced

        Availability:  March 19th 1990

Orders will be taken starting March 1st. No C.O.D. orders will be accepted!
Boards will be shipped in the order they are received.

Prices subject to change without notice

        Look for us at the AmiEXPO in Washington D.C.

Commodore, Amiga, A500, A1000, A2000, A2500, and Kickstart are trademarks
of Commodore Business Machines

Delaware Valley Software, and DVS-Wonder are trademarks
of Delaware Valley Software

Delaware Valley Software is not associated with Penn State University

portuesi@tweezers.esd.sgi.com (Michael Portuesi) (02/09/90)

d>                              Delaware Valley Software
d>                                   P.O. Box 2007
d>                                 Upper Darby, PA.
d>                                    19082-0507
d>                                  (215) 446-9227
d> Install the forthcoming Enhanced Chip Set and Kickstart 1.4 in your A1000!!
d> The DVS-Wonder allows you to enhance your A1000 with the following:

Are these the "Rejuvinator" people, or do Greg Tibbs and Co. have
competition?  If so, why haven't we heard from them before now?

				--M
--
__  Michael Portuesi	Silicon Graphics Computer Systems
\/  portuesi@sgi.com	Entry Systems Division -- Engineering

portuesi@tweezers.esd.sgi.com (Michael Portuesi) writes:

>d> Install the forthcoming Enhanced Chip Set and Kickstart 1.4 in your A1000!!
>d> The DVS-Wonder allows you to enhance your A1000 with the following:

>Are these the "Rejuvinator" people, or do Greg Tibbs and Co. have
>competition?  If so, why haven't we heard from them before now?

I don't think these are the same people as the 'rejuvenator', these prices
are downright acceptible! *IF* they are not just blowing smoke and actually
do release this board and *at* the stated prices.

The rejuvenator was/is supposed to cost around $600.

--
John Sparks  | D.I.S.K. 24hrs 1200bps. Accessable via Starlink (Louisville KY)
sparks@corpane.UUCP <><><><><><><><><><><> D.I.S.K. ph:502/968-5401 thru -5406

ggibeau@ucqais.uc.edu (AMOEBOID) (02/22/90)

In article <1430@corpane.UUCP>, sparks@corpane.UUCP (John Sparks) writes:
> portuesi@tweezers.esd.sgi.com (Michael Portuesi) writes:
> >d> Install the forthcoming Enhanced Chip Set and Kickstart 1.4 in your A1000!!
> >d> The DVS-Wonder allows you to enhance your A1000 with the following:
> >Are these the "Rejuvinator" people, or do Greg Tibbs and Co. have
> >competition?  If so, why haven't we heard from them before now?
> I don't think these are the same people as the 'rejuvenator', these prices
> are downright acceptible! *IF* they are not just blowing smoke and actually
> do release this board and *at* the stated prices.
> The rejuvenator was/is supposed to cost around $600.
> John Sparks  | D.I.S.K. 24hrs 1200bps. Accessable via Starlink (Louisville KY)
> sparks@corpane.UUCP <><><><><><><><><><><> D.I.S.K. ph:502/968-5401 thru -5406

The Rejuvenator is alive and well.  Fully populated board will be $499.95,
partially populated (no RAM or Agnus) will be $349.95.  Rejuvenator
will be at AmiExpo (booth 406) along with MicroWay, who will be offering a
flickerFixer to the first 100 Rejuvenator buyers that send in order form,
for the low price of $350 (about 1/2 off list).  Recently an article
appeared on Genie from a person claiming to be the designer of the
wonderboard in which a very misinformed (outright disinformation)
comparative feature list was presented.  Greg Tibbs took exception to this
and came up with a 3-4 page comparision dealing with every aspect
of doing this sort of expansion to your A-1000.  I will get a copy
from Greg and post it here as it goes into great detail...

Regards,

    George

--
UUCP:  ucqais.uc.edu!ggibeau  BBS: (513) 721-7977  GT NODE: 006/005
US Snail-Dept of Biology ML 06, University of Cincinnati, Ohio 45221