[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] AMAX question.

seamus@bucsf.BU.EDU (Jeff Rizzo) (02/22/90)

Hi all-
	I'm thinking about picking up an AMAX, and recently saw one with
64K ROMs, and was curious.. does a newer version allow the use of 128K
ROMs?  I'm interested in picking one up, but would be more interested in
one with the newer ROMs.

Thanks.

Jeff Rizzo                                                  seamus@bucsf.bu.edu
Boston University                                         phyq8jc@BUACCA.BITNET
CLA '91                                                           (617)738-4625

871579l@aucs.uucp ( Todd) (02/23/90)

In article <52592@bu.edu.bu.edu> seamus@bucsf.UUCP (Jeff Rizzo) writes:
>Hi all-
>	I'm thinking about picking up an AMAX, and recently saw one with
>64K ROMs, and was curious.. does a newer version allow the use of 128K
>ROMs?  I'm interested in picking one up, but would be more interested in
>one with the newer ROMs.
>
>Jeff Rizzo                                                  seamus@bucsf.bu.edu

I purchased Amax in July '89 and got the 128K roms with it then.  I have
had no problems running this and have been able to use Mac system 6.03
and finder 6.02 as well as multifinder, hyperpad and other software that
requires the 128K roms.

One thing that you should check is how old the Amax verison is when you
buy one.  There is not yet any upgrade number wise, but I received new
disks in December from Ready Soft.  This upgrade fixes few bugs including
one with the file transfer software (if you don't have a mac drive).

-Todd