[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] info/experiences with Moniterm Viking-I?

cjeffery@cs.arizona.edu (Clinton Jeffery) (02/24/90)

Can anyone tell me what kind of signal drives the Moniterm Viking-I
19" monochrome monitor, and/or how easy it is to connect to an
Amiga or IBM compatible?  Will it run off one of the Amiga's builtin
video output, or off of any of the IBM VGA compatible adapters?

Thanks,
--
--

kevin@cbmvax.commodore.com (Kevin Klop) (02/24/90)

In article <108@caslon.cs.arizona.edu> cjeffery@cs.arizona.edu (Clinton Jeffery) writes:

>Can anyone tell me what kind of signal drives the Moniterm Viking-I
>19" monochrome monitor, and/or how easy it is to connect to an
>Amiga or IBM compatible?  Will it run off one of the Amiga's builtin
>video output, or off of any of the IBM VGA compatible adapters?

While I'm not sure about the IBM side, the Viking can be connected to an
Amiga through the use of a video card that you can gety from Moniterm.
It is designed to be plaved into the video slot of the Amiga 2000.

If, on the other hand, you don't have a 2000, then there is a monitor
available from Commodore (I think it's available, anyway) that combines
the display card and a (smaller) monitor into one package.  This can be
connected to the normal Amiga video outputs.

>Thanks,
>--
>| Clint Jeffery, U. of Arizona Dept. of Computer Science
>| cjeffery@cs.arizona.edu -or- {noao allegra}!arizona!cjeffery
>--

				-- Kevin --