[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] External Drive

840445m@aucs.uucp (Alan McKay) (02/27/90)

In article <12211@baldrick.udel.EDU> KENNEDY%WWPACS@dupont.com (Tony Kennedy) writes:
>Hello net.
>
>	Question #1
>
>		I talked the local recording studio guy into getting and
>Amiga. :^) He got a 2000 with a second drive, but got an external drive. I
>remember that there are a few strange complications if you have a df2 and no
>df1. Can anybody shed some light on this for me.

One advantage of the external drive is that the bridgeboard can use it as
a Pee Cee 3.5 inch drive while it cannot use an internal one (without
hacking of course).

>	Thanks bunches...Tony

Yer Welcome.

bscott@pikes.Colorado.EDU (Ben M Scott) (02/27/90)

First off, sorry for posting this as a reply but I can't seem to post
messages that aren't replies to something!

I have run into an odd bug.  I have a 68010 Amiga 500 with a populated A590,
1.3 ROMs, an external drive, and the Super Agnus.  I have had very few problmes
and almst no unexplained GURUs, at least none I could repeat, until today.

The problem is odd in that it only occurs under some rather specific conditions.
I have to be running JRComm (v.94), Tetrix (the PD Tetris), while in PAL mode
(using PALboot).  Running either separately, or in NTSC, is fine, BUT Tetrix
hangs the machine after the first piece has fallen about halfway down.  Since
I got my 68010 before PALboot, I haven't tried this without the 68010, however
running SuperDeciGel (which I normally don't bother to do) does not help.

Sometimes I can geta  GURU, but even it is strange.  It's one of those interrupt
GURUs that appears in the top of the screen rather than after a boot.  What's
odd is that I can click the right mouse button and it will go away for a bit,
then come back with a DIFFERENT GURU NUMBER.  I've gotten 000...4, -3, and -B,
always at the same address.

Other programs I run: Xoper 2.2, Setpatch -R, GOMF 1.0, SRT, MachII v2.5, Snap
V1.4, Noclick, and FF.

I can't give up Tetrix during downloads!  But I don't want to give up PAL eihter
Help!

.                              <<<<Infinite K>>>>