[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] 1000 to a TV

denny@pnet01.cts.com (Dennis Anderson) (02/28/90)

I have a 1000 which I would like to hook up to a TV. The TV is not cable
ready. Can anyone tell me what is required to make this work? Thanks.
                                                  Dennis Anderson

drues@cs.iastate.edu (Michael E. Drues) (02/28/90)

denny@pnet01.cts.com (Dennis Anderson) writes:
>I have a 1000 which I would like to hook up to a TV. The TV is not cable
>ready. Can anyone tell me what is required to make this work? Thanks.
>                                                  Dennis Anderson

If I understand correctly, all you need is the following:
	o TV Switch Box (optional)
	o RF Modulator
	o RF Cable
I bought several of these fits for $4 a piece at the Chicago AmiExpo
2 years ago and suffice it to say, sold them for more than that (our
club library got the extra $$ :-) ).  Don't know it you can get the C-A
one any more.  I think Radio Shack has them for about $30.

BTW, the C-A product is A1000 specific!

Mike

|   //                  Michael Drues                                   |
| \X/     Internet:     drues@atanasoff.cs.iastate.edu                  |
|         Bitnet:       v2.med@isumvs.bitnet                            |

ragg0270@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (Richard Alan Gerber) (03/01/90)

Of course if you have a VCR you can use it as the RF modulator.
.

brianr@tekig5.PEN.TEK.COM (Brian E Rhodefer) (03/01/90)

In article <1677@crash.cts.com> denny@pnet01.cts.com (Dennis Anderson) writes:
>I have a 1000 which I would like to hook up to a TV. The TV is not cable
>ready. Can anyone tell me what is required to make this work? Thanks.
>                                                  Dennis Anderson

If you have a VCR, connect it to the TV in the usual way, then
connect the A1000's composite video output signal to the VCR's
camera video input connector, using an RCA-RCA video cable.

No sense buying an RF modulator if you don't have to.

Brian Rhodefer