[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] Hurricane 500

bard@jessica.Stanford.EDU (David Hopper) (03/01/90)

I don't know how many starving A500 users are in this newsgroup, but I hope I'm
not alone.  I would like any information on the Hurricane 500 68020 accelerator
for the 500.  This board is looking more and more attractive as an upgrade path
every day; from what I've seen of it, it looks solid, is expandable to 4 megs
of 32-bit memory, and will be within my price range this summer.  I don't know
of any other processor accelerators that would be worth my while (I balk at the
limited capabilities of the CMI processors and the Midget Racers).

I would also buy a 590; would this be DMA, and if so, would there be any com-
patibility problems with the Hurricane?

Any replies would be appreciated (via e-mail or the net, whichever your poison)

Love,

Dave Hopper             ///  Yesterday, CS.	      | bard@jessica
                       ///    Today, Anthro/History.  |     .Stanford.EDU
                   \\\///			      |
                    \XX/ Tomorrow... URBAN TERRORISM! | (Mel Blanc lives!)

vu0235@bingvaxu.cc.binghamton.edu (vu0235) (03/02/90)

In article <9643@portia.Stanford.EDU> bard@jessica.Stanford.EDU (David Hopper) writes:
>not alone.  I would like any information on the Hurricane 500 68020 accelerator
>for the 500.  This board is looking more and more attractive as an upgrade path

>Love,
>
>Dave Hopper             ///  Yesterday, CS.	      | bard@jessica

I would also like to know if the Flick-Off from MAST will fit into the
Amiga 500's case with the Hurricane 500.  In fact, I would be
interested in any information that anyone has on Flick-Off.  Also with
regard to the Hurricane 500, I have heard some negative things about
Imtronics who makes the board, any comments ?

Christopher Schuck
--
Christopher H. Schuck                                                //
Dept. of Math. Sci., SUNY-Binghamton, Binghamton, NY 13901       \\ //

chet@CIS.OHIO-STATE.EDU (eric j chet) (03/13/90)

Hello Out There:

     I'm interested in adding a Hurricane 500 board to my Amiga.  Does
anybody know what type of ram chips it uses?  I heard it can have
either 1 or 4 megs of 32bit ram.  Clock speed of 14.28MHz or 28.56MHz
can be configured.  Does anybody know if a 68881 can be replaced with
a 68882?  If anybody has one of thes boards in there A500 let me know
I would like to know of any problems you might of had.

Thank You -- Ohio State -- chet@cis.ohio-state.edu