[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] Need help w/BareBoards RAM card - addenda

ranjit@eniac.seas.upenn.edu (Ranjit Bhatnagar) (03/14/90)

In article <21705@netnews.upenn.edu> ranjit@eniac.seas.upenn.edu.UUCP (Ranjit Bhatnagar) writes:
>For a couple of months I've been using an ancient Bare Boards
>RAM card plugged into my Amiga 1000 w/Hurricane 020/881.  It
>does not autoconfigure; I had it half populated with 1 meg of
>256kx1 150ns chips.  It worked beautifully, no problem.
>
>Today I bought another megabyte worth of 256kx1 chips and
>threw 'em in the card.  Now, however, the card only works
>intermittently, and in a weird way.

More info!

	1- the thing has been working ALMOST fine for the last few
	   hours, except:
	2- whenever the system crashes for ordinary reasons (bad
	   pointer, etc.), it crashes all the way to kickstart.
	   I was under the impression that this is theoretically
	   impossible.  I know for sure that the kickmem patch I
	   use to addmem during kickstart does NOT prevent kickstart
	   from being write-disabled.

Boy, this is getting weird.

	- ranjit

"Trespassers w"   ranjit@eniac.seas.upenn.edu	mailrus!eecae!netnews!eniac!...
	A woman came up to me and said "I'd like to poison your mind
	With wrong ideas that appeal to you, though I am not unkind."