[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] DMA Problem?

In <106724@pyramid.pyramid.com>, eric@pyramid.pyramid.com (Eric Bergan) writes:
>	I have an Amiga 2000, with an original 2090 controller and a
>Micron 2 Meg board. I seem to be experiencing frequent guru's (all 3's)
>at random intervals, but normally during accesses to my disk drive.
>(Seems to happen equally on reads and writes. Of course, on writes, I
>have to recover the disk..)
>
>	When I pull the 2 Meg board, I don't seem to have the problems.
>Now, first, does anyone know if there are problems between the 2090 and
>the Micron board? Both are probably early rev's. If anyone has heard of
>a problem, is the offending piece the memory board, or the controller?
>
>	If anyone knows a definitive solutions for this (particularly one
>not involving replacing one board or the other), I will be very greatful.

Sounds a lot like a problem I was having, which was a matter of either timing
or loading on the Zorro bus.  I tried adding the pullup resistor to bring my
4.4 motherboard up to 4.6, which did nothing, and replacing all 6 bus drivers,
which helped quite a bit. I ended up replacing the Buster chip, and things are
working well now. This was on a machine with a 2630, 2090A, Micron 8 meg memory
board (2 megs in it), and a HardFrame.

-larry

--
Entomology bugs me.

eric@pyramid.pyramid.com (Eric Bergan) (03/25/90)

	I have an Amiga 2000, with an original 2090 controller and a
Micron 2 Meg board. I seem to be experiencing frequent guru's (all 3's)
at random intervals, but normally during accesses to my disk drive.
(Seems to happen equally on reads and writes. Of course, on writes, I
have to recover the disk..)

	When I pull the 2 Meg board, I don't seem to have the problems.
Now, first, does anyone know if there are problems between the 2090 and
the Micron board? Both are probably early rev's. If anyone has heard of
a problem, is the offending piece the memory board, or the controller?

	If anyone knows a definitive solutions for this (particularly one
not involving replacing one board or the other), I will be very greatful.

--

					eric
					...!pyramid!eric