[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] Help with C Ltd. A1000 SCSI Interface + RAM exp.

In <1990Mar26.043250.11039@cunixf.cc.columbia.edu>, hdw@cunixd.cc.columbia.edu (Harschadath D Wanigasekara Mohotti) writes:

>I tried to fix up a straight pass-thru male-to-male connector, but this
>results in random gurus.

The C Ltd. connector was a straight through male-male piece of circuit board.
It was a 4 layer unit I think, with at least 1 ground plane in there.

>The RAM board and the SCSI interface work fine individually.  Does anyone know
>if the power supply on the A1000 can support 16 1Mbit simms as well as a SCSI
>connector? Maybe my problem is not enough power.

There is the possibility that the 4 layer board was needed to reduce the
effects of noise on the bus, but I think it's more likely that you are
suffering from the same old SOTS (Slap On The Side) problems of the A1000 when
trying to run more than one peripheral on the expansion bus.

Have you done the PAL grounding mod? If not, it's worth doing.

-larry

--
Entomology bugs me.

hdw@cunixd.cc.columbia.edu (Harschadath D Wanigasekara Mohotti) (03/26/90)

[Hallo the line eater!]

I need some help with the C Ltd. A1000 SCSI Interface.

I bought the above interface with a C Ltd. Hard Disk, second hand, intending
to use both on my A1000 with a MAST 2Mb MiniMegs.  The MAST memory module
doesn't have a pass through connector (el cheapo) but the SCSI interface was
supposed to, and I didn't think to examine it too closely until after getting
it.

The pass-through connector on the SCSI interface is female, meaning that I
cannot connect the memory board (also female connector) to the expansion bus
through the SCSI interface.

The C Ltd. manual states that the company would provide the correct connector
for $20.00.  I've called around, but no dealers seem to still have this part
in stock.

I tried to fix up a straight pass-thru male-to-male connector, but this
results in random gurus.

I would like help from someone who still has a C Ltd. SCSI interface AND has
received this connector thingy from C Ltd.  Could you tell me what connections
are being made? (ie: All pins connected straight thru? or are there shorts
and/or unconnected pins?)  Even better . . . would someone like to sell me
this connector? (Make a profit on your $20!)

The RAM board and the SCSI interface work fine individually.  Does anyone know
if the power supply on the A1000 can support 16 1Mbit simms as well as a SCSI
connector? Maybe my problem is not enough power.

Thanks a lot for any help.

- Harshy.

hdw@cunixd.cc.columbia.edu ...rutgers!                     (212) 853-5002   //
hdw@128.59.40.141            ...topaz!columbia!cunixd!hdw   *Only Amiga!* \X/