[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] Pins in A1000 Serial cable ?

In article <1510@nems.dt.navy.mil> lumsdon@dtoa1.dt.navy.mil (Esther Lumsdon) writes:

> I know that some of the pins in the Amiga 1000 serial port carry power
> where my modem would not expect there to be power. I have a used 1000
> without some of the documentation

The best thing is not to hook up anything that your modem does not need,
connecting pins 1-8 and 20 is pretty standard, you can usually get away
with 2,3,6,7,8 and 20, or 2,3 and 7 if it's a "smart modem" used only
used for human "dial-out" only, however I'd recommend the 1-8,20 since
this is a fairly standard setup for "9-wire" modem cables you can buy
from one of the convenience shops...