[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] Miniscribe problems/questions w/2091

md3b+@andrew.cmu.edu (Matthew Donald Drown) (04/07/90)

I don't know how much this will help you.  But on my 2090 I have to ST506
drives hooked up to it.  Instead of terminator packs, each drive has a set
of jumpers you must move to set the correct unit number.  My first one needed
to be set at 1, and second at 2.  Some drives may need TWO things set.  I am
not sure.
-Matt Drown (md3b+@andrew.cmu.edu)

-No Sig File-

pnelson@hobbes.uucp (Phil Nelson) (04/09/90)

In article <2115@sauron.Columbia.NCR.COM> stevem@sauron.UUCP (Steve McClure) writes:

>The terminated drive has to physically be on the end of the cable.  SCSI ID's
>don't matter.  If you want the Quantum terminated, the CP340 has the be
>connected in the middle of the cable.

Well, In my experience with termination, things are not always so simple.
You are right, the terminators -should- be on the end of the cable, but it
often happens that things will work right without everything exactly where
it -should- be. Anyway, I took the 2091 apart and removed the terminators
from the Quantum and put them on the Conner, and tried again. same result.
I have also tried swapping the Cp340 with another one, no change. I have
since learned that there -might- be a problem with my 2091, but I don't
know for sure yet. I have also discovered that it almost works if I boot
from a vanilla 1.3 Workbench disk. I copied 4 or 5 Megs of stuff before it
locked up.

>-----
>Steve.McClure@Columbia.NCR.COM			GO JACKETS!!! ICS '86
>The above are my opinions, which NCR doesn't really care about anyway!
>CAUSER's Amiga BBS! | 803-796-3127 | 8pm-8am 8n1 | 300/1200/2400

Phil Nelson . UUCP:uunet!pyramid!oliveb!tymix!pnelson . Voice:408-922-7508
Perhaps the reason the modern liberal so disdains the 2nd amendment, and so
loves the 1st, is that the 2nd protects our right to take action in defense
of liberty, while the 1st protects our right to talk about it.