[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] MOS GARY chip

ammrk@swbatl.sbc.com (Mike R. Kraml) (04/07/90)

In article <2634@ultb.isc.rit.edu> dcr3567@ultb.isc.rit.edu (D.C. Richardson ) writes:
>In article <AQXGSDL@drivax.UUCP> liberato@drivax.UUCP (Jimmy Liberato) writes:
>>I have completed all the motherboard modifications included in the
>>update document that was posted a short while back to bring my Rev 4.2
>>B2000 motherboard up to 4.x.  One instruction was a little baffling.
>>etc etc etc
>--
>Daniel C. Richardson
This is what I have been looking for, could someone please post this upgrade
to the nets.  I too have a 4.2 mother board and would like to update it.
Thanks, and look forward to it.     Mike...

  Mike Kraml - Manager-Separations MECHANIZATION - SWBT - (The Techies)
  UUCP: {uunet, bellcore, texbell}...!swbatl!slims!ammrk

poirier@dg-rtp.dg.com (Charles Poirier) (04/09/90)

In article <2634@ultb.isc.rit.edu> dcr3567@ultb.isc.rit.edu (D.C. Richardson ) writes:
>  Well, in this instance, MOS is the NAME of the company that makes the
>chip ... MOS is a company owned by C=, and makes the special chips.

Isn't the company called "MOSTEK", or am I confused?
Maker of the 6502 8-bit microprocessor from the good old days, right?

	Cheers,
	Charles Poirier

In <3@xyzzy.UUCP>, poirier@dg-rtp.dg.com (Charles Poirier) writes:
>Isn't the company called "MOSTEK", or am I confused?
>Maker of the 6502 8-bit microprocessor from the good old days, right?

MOS Technology and MOSTEK are two completely different companies.

-larry

--
Entomology bugs me.

In article <3@xyzzy.UUCP> poirier@dg-rtp.dg.com (  Poirier local) writes:
> In article <2634@ultb.isc.rit.edu> dcr3567@ultb.isc.rit.edu (D.C. Richardson ) writes:
> >  Well, in this instance, MOS is the NAME of the company that makes the
> >chip ... MOS is a company owned by C=, and makes the special chips.
>
> Isn't the company called "MOSTEK", or am I confused?
> Maker of the 6502 8-bit microprocessor from the good old days, right?

No, MOSTEK was a completly different and unrelated company.  They were later
bought out by Thomson and are now part of SGS-Thomson.  The were better known
for 4K DRAM, SRAM and as a second source for an assortment microprocessors,
including the 68000.

MOS Technology is best known for the 6502 family of processors and peripherals,
and eventually became part of Commodore.  During the game console / cartridge
era it was one of the largest ROM producers, but since the C64 days activities
are largely confined to making Commodore proprietary chips, while Rockwell is
the largest vendor of 6500 derivatives.