[net.space] Andy Griffith

bnw@SDCSVAX.ARPA (05/07/85)

From: crash!bnw@SDCSVAX.ARPA

>Wasn't there a tv series (Starring Andy Griffith?) about a space parts
>collector that made his own rockets based on (very loosely) on Truax?

Yes, about three years ago on (I think) NBC.  Andy Griffith starred in a
TV movie and short-run series called "Salvage."  He played the *rich* owner
of a very big scale salvage company.  He decided (in the pilot) to salvage the
stuff NASA left on the moon, built a ship (using NASA rejects and left-overs),
and did so.  A little shakey on the science here and there, but enjoyable, I
thought.  The series did not live up to the pilot, and died.
                                                         /Bruce N. Wheelock/
                        arpanet: crash!bnw@ucsd
                           uucp: {ihnp4, cbosgd, sdcsvax, noscvax}!crash!bnw