[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] A1000 internal memory hacks

c60a-2fe@web-2b.berkeley.edu (Jimmy Kuei) (05/02/90)

In article <1990Apr19.115755.1296@csusac.csus.edu> maltasr@csusac (Robert Maltas) writes:
>I know a hack exists for adding the extra 256K of chip ram internally in
>an A1000. Could someone Email me a copy? Also, a friend mentioned that there
>was another hack which does what the earlier mentioned hack does, plus
>brings the A1000 up to 1.5 meg internally----does anyone know of this?

	Would someone also send me this info !!!
	Also can I use a MAC 1meg SIMM as a hack to the A1000?

MAIL to:	c60a-2fe@web.berkeley.edu
or		c186bg@cory.berkeley.edu
or		anguyen@earthquake.berkeley.edu.uucp

mcmahan@netcom.UUCP (Dave Mc Mahan) (05/02/90)

In article <1990May2.062337.17606@agate.berkeley.edu> c60a-2fe@web-2b (Jimmy Kuei) writes:
>In article <1990Apr19.115755.1296@csusac.csus.edu> maltasr@csusac (Robert Maltas) writes:
>>I know a hack exists for adding the extra 256K of chip ram internally in
>>an A1000. Could someone Email me a copy? Also, a friend mentioned that there
>>was another hack which does what the earlier mentioned hack does, plus
>>brings the A1000 up to 1.5 meg internally----does anyone know of this?

For those that are interested, I have an old 256K Chip RAM expansion board
just aching to be put to use.  I have it left over from when I upgraded to
my current A2000.  I am willing to sell it for $30, pay shipping, and offer
a 30 day money back gaurantee.  Send E-mail if your interested.

  -dave