[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] Pin-out for external drive needed !!!

c60a-2fe@web-2f.berkeley.edu (Jimmy Kuei) (05/04/90)

	I have a 3.5 drive pulled from an IBM and would like to
	hook it to the external drive port of the A1000.  If anyone
	has the pin assignment for the external drive port, please
	post them or mail me.

			c60a-2fe@web.berkeley.edu

	:	- Jimmy

danb20@pro-graphics.cts.com (Dan Bachmann) (05/06/90)

Well, I believe hooking an external drive up is much more than pin matching.
The drive will work fine but you'll have to hook it to the floppy board (like
the one inside an Amiga 1010 disk drive) or you can simply replace your
existing one with it.  My Amiga came with Chinon 3.5" drives and I replaced
them with quiter Panasonic 3.5" drives (actually a friend did it, then I later
repeated the process for a second drive)... If any one knows where they can
get that little board that goes between the drive and DB23, I'd be interested
in knowing if it's reasonably priced.  I don't even know where to get DB23s!
 ProLine: danb20@pro-graphics
    UUCP: ...crash!pro-graphics!danb20
ARPA/DDN: pro-graphics!danb20@nosc.mil
Internet: danb20@pro-graphics.cts.com
u.s.mail: 509 StonyBrook Drive, Bridgewater, NJ, 08807 USA