[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] Parallel port pinout, A500/2000 vs. A1000

jdc3538@ultb.isc.rit.edu (J.D. Cronin) (05/03/90)

What is the difference in the parallel port pinout between the
original A1000 and the A500/2000?  I know the gender is different,
but recall hearing that the power pins have been changed.  (This
is for using a DigiView on my 1000.)  Any hints are appreciated.

Thanks...Jim

In article <3024@ultb.isc.rit.edu> jdc3538@ultb.isc.rit.edu (J.D. Cronin) writes:
> What is the difference in the parallel port pinout between the
> original A1000 and the A500/2000?  I know the gender is different,
> but recall hearing that the power pins have been changed.  (This
> is for using a DigiView on my 1000.)  Any hints are appreciated.

The gender is different and the pinout is intended to be 100% compatible/safe
for connection to IBM PC comaptible printer cables.  Check with Digiview for
an adapter thingie that gives better results than simple cross-wiring.