[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] DRAM 256x4

nv89-rbi@nada.kth.se (Ron Birk) (05/30/90)

A have a problem! A friend of mine is yelling to get some memory for his
expansion board. He needs 514256 chips (256x4). So my question is:

Where can he order them in the states (USA)?? A cheap place he preferred!?!?
Please mail me a letter with an address or phone/fax number to place he
can order them from.

Ron Birk, nv89-rbi@nada.kth.se

jma@beach.cis.ufl.edu (John 'Vlad' Adams) (05/31/90)

In article <1990May29.202024.20170@nada.kth.se> nv89-rbi@nada.kth.se (Ron Birk) writes:
>A have a problem! A friend of mine is yelling to get some memory for his
>expansion board. He needs 514256 chips (256x4). So my question is:
>
>Where can he order them in the states (USA)?? A cheap place he preferred!?!?
>Please mail me a letter with an address or phone/fax number to place he
>can order them from.

Right now the *cheapest* place is Q-Tek.  They are asking $6.90 per
chip for 256kx4 80ns chips!  They are COD only.  I don't have the number
offhand, but grab a copy of Byte or PC-Week and look in the back.  They
are located in the 818 area code.
--
John  M.  Adams    --**--    Professional Student on the six-year plan!     ///
Internet:   jma@beach.cis.ufl.edu   -or-   vladimir@maple.circa.ufl.edu    ///

plav@cup.portal.com (Rick M Plavnicky) (06/01/90)

I've gotten memory from Memory World before.  Their prices are not the
cheapest you'll find, but they do have most things in stock.  In
addition to memory, they handle CPUs, math coprocessors, and similar
items.

	Memory World
	2476 Croydon Court
	Bensalem, PA  19020
	(215) 741-6225
	(215) 741-6229 [fax]
	75216,204 [compu$erve]

No, I don't work for these people.  I've purchased things from them,
though, and they have not treated me wrongly.

/* Rick Plavnicky ...!sun!cup.portal.com!plav  -or-  plav@cup.portal.com */