[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] 2620 firmware

stan@phx.mcd.mot.com (Stan Fisher) (06/01/90)

Hey Dave! (and others that may know...)

What bugs/enhancements/other are incorporated in the -04 firmware for the
2620 board? (over the -01 ROMs).  The only thing I've heard about is the
GVP compatibility issue...  What else is in there?

also...

What's being done about the 2091 problems?  When I have two drives hooked
up and copy between them, it's only a matter of time (not much) before the
system hangs. I understand this is a known bug?

and...

Will there be an update for the 2091 that will allow configuring for
syncronous SCSI devices (full implemenation).

  Stan Fisher -  stan@teroach.phx.mcd.mot.com -  asuvax!mcdphx!teroach!stan
  Motorola Microcomputer Division, Tempe, Arizona   -  Voice (602) 438-3228
  Call our User Group BBS "M.E.C.C.A." running Atredes 1.1 @ (602) 893-0804

guineau@wjg.enet.dec.com (06/01/90)

In article <12997@mcdphx.phx.mcd.mot.com>, stan@phx.mcd.mot.com
(Stan Fisher) writes:

(good question on -04 2620 rom changes! ommited)

> Will there be an update for the 2091 that will allow configuring for
> syncronous SCSI devices (full implemenation).

I understand the 2090a supports  synchronous data transfers as well. Can
someone tell me it it will actively negotiate synchronous with each target
or does it depend on the target to do so?

---
W. John Guineau   			guineau@wjg.enet.dec.com
Digital Equipment Corporation
Marlboro MA. 01752

stevem@sauron.Columbia.NCR.COM (Steve McClure) (06/01/90)

In article <12997@mcdphx.phx.mcd.mot.com> stan@phx.mcd.mot.com (Stan Fisher) writes:

[ Stuff deleted ]
>What's being done about the 2091 problems?  When I have two drives hooked
>up and copy between them, it's only a matter of time (not much) before the
>system hangs. I understand this is a known bug?

[ More stuff deleted ]

Could someone elaborate on this "known bug?"  I constantly copy between twe
disk drives and haven't seen any problems.  I have one Conner internal and
one Fujitsu external.  Therefore both are terminated.  I am not sure about
termination on the 2091 when no external devices are on the bus.

Thanks,
Steve		email: Steve.McClure@Columbia.NCR.COM	803-791-7054
The above are my opinions, which NCR doesn't really care about anyway!
CAUSER's Amiga BBS! | 803-796-3127 | 8pm-8am 8n1 | 300/1200/2400