[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] Amiga 1000 keyboards

liberato@drivax.UUCP (Jimmy Liberato) (05/26/90)

rudolpe@undine.CS.ORST.EDU (RUDOLPh ERIC) writes:

>We recently thought it would be nice to have an AT keyboard work on our
>Amiga 1000 and our A500. The board to do the conversion will cost about $15 in
>parts. If anybody is interested in buying the rights to the circuit or wants
>a board, reply.... soon!

Can you elaborate more on your project?  The only keyboard I've found with
enough keys is Northgate's OmniKey Plus.  How are you planning to map the two
Amiga keys?  I would chuck the Amiga keyboard without hesitation if a decent
alternative were available.  Please post more details since there are many
keyboardless A1000s now, A500s longing for an extension, and A2000s suffering
with the stock keyboard.  Now that there are quality mouse alternatives a new
keyboard is sorely needed for those who spend all day at the keyboard.

--
Jimmy Liberato   ...!amdahl!drivax!liberato

yves@vache.CAM.ORG (Yves Laurin) (06/03/90)

i would be interest since i will be putting my a500 into a tower
the tower will also include a cheap zorroII expansion design by andre
theberge.

--
nobody is perfect and
i'm the living proof of that