[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] A2090A without harddisk

eddy@duteca (Eddy Olk) (06/04/90)

With KS 1.3 my A2090A 'hangs' when no harddisk is connected and I can't
even boot from floppy.  (Yes I know an A2090 without harddisk is silly :-).
Is this a bug in the autoboot software or is my A2090 broken?

 Eddy Olk                         Delft University of Technology
 EMAIL: eddy@duteca.tudelft.nl    Department of Electrical Engineering
                                  Section Computer Architecture

hamish@waikato.ac.nz (06/06/90)

In article <905@duteca3.UUCP>, eddy@duteca (Eddy Olk) writes:
> With KS 1.3 my A2090A 'hangs' when no harddisk is connected and I can't
> even boot from floppy.  (Yes I know an A2090 without harddisk is silly :-).
> Is this a bug in the autoboot software or is my A2090 broken?
>
> --
>  Eddy Olk                         Delft University of Technology
>  EMAIL: eddy@duteca.tudelft.nl    Department of Electrical Engineering
>                                   Section Computer Architecture

I had this setup last year, while my harddrive was still on order. It worked
fine, booting off the floppy, except that I noticed it took about 5 secs longer
to look at the floppy.

Worked last weekend too, when I took the computer apart, and changed things
round, but that was a mistake, and another story as well.

Accidents don't happen, they're caused!

|  Hamish Marson                        |  Internet  hamish@waikato.ac.nz    |
|  Computer Support Person              |  Phone  (071)562889 xt 8181        |
|  Computer Science Department          |  Amiga 3000 for ME!                |
|  University of Waikato                |                                    |
|Disclaimer:  Anything said in this message is the personal opinion of the   |
|             finger hitting the keyboard & doesn't represent my employers   |
|             opinion in any way. (ie we probably don't agree)               |