[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] 1950 monitor supports PAL mode?

anthes@geocub.greco-prog.fr (Franklin Anthes) (06/05/90)

I'm thinking of buying an american A3000 system for use over here in France.
Obviously I need a voltage transformer (220V-->110V).

But I also wonder if a 1950 monitor sold in the USA
will work correctly when using PAL screens?

Do the software NTSC<-->PAL mode switchers really work? Or will I need to
hack the hardware slightly to get a PAL display?
I hope the 3000 is as nice as everybody says, since I haven't even laid
eyes on the real thing yet:-)

--

	Frank Anthes-Harper :  Bien le bonjour de la France
	anthes@geocub.greco-prog.fr

terry@comcon.UUCP (Terry LaGrone) (06/08/90)

In article <154@geocub.greco-prog.fr>, anthes@geocub.greco-prog.fr (Franklin Anthes) writes:

> I'm thinking of buying an american A3000 system for use over here in France.
> Obviously I need a voltage transformer (220V-->110V).
> Do the software NTSC<-->PAL mode switchers really work? Or will I need to
> hack the hardware slightly to get a PAL display?
> 	Frank Anthes-Harper :  Bien le bonjour de la France
> 	anthes@geocub.greco-prog.fr

When switching the A3000 screens to PAL, the vertical size and vertical centerin
controls on the 1950 have to be slightly adjusted; otherwise, there is no
change.  The screens look good.

Terry LaGrone