[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] PC Bridgeboard / Keyboard buffer problems - ATTN COMMODORE

gsgi_cif@troi.cc.rochester.edu (Gregory Gibson) (06/07/90)

I posted this a couple days ago - and got no response.

I seem to be experiencing a problem with the keyboard buffering of the
bridgeboard.  While in a program that access the hard disk automatically
every three minutes to save my work, the keyboard characters I type get
garbled.  This does not happen on the IBM PC.

I tried adjusting the keyboard timing -> no luck, I don't even understand
what it does.

I would appreciate any help you can give me.
I understand it takes a while to reply by e-mail...

Thank you,

--

Gregory Gibson
gsgi_cif@uhura.cc.rochester.edu or  gsgi_ltd@uordbv.bitnet

monty@sagpd1.UUCP (Monty Saine) (06/08/90)

In article <7779@ur-cc.UUCP> gsgi_cif@troi.cc.rochester.edu (Gregory Gibson) writes:
>I posted this a couple days ago - and got no response.
>
>I seem to be experiencing a problem with the keyboard buffering of the
>bridgeboard.  While in a program that access the hard disk automatically
>every three minutes to save my work, the keyboard characters I type get
>garbled.  This does not happen on the IBM PC.

	I tried to e-mail a response to you but it bounced. If I remember
correctlly your orginal post was about using wordperfect on the bridgeboard.
I have found that WP on a slow PC garbles characters when it does an auto-save.
I think you have found a "bug" in WP not the bridge card. I use WP regularly
on this here PC clone I am writing this on and have noticed the same problem.
This clone is running at 7.xx Mhz and still does it. I imagine your 4 Mhz
bridge card is even worse.

	For what it's worth......
	Monty Saine