[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] INTRO to C.S.A.H. required, inquire within...

MILES@cc.usu.edu (Miles Johnson) (06/08/90)

This group NEEDS an Intro-to-C.S.A.H message!  Seems like half of the traffic
is repeats.  We need a message that can be regenerated every month that
covers the most popular topics.  For example:

	Description of the A3000
		Deinterlacer
		A3000 rom sockets
		Advantage of SCRAM memory
	How to of Hard Disk
		List of Hard Disk controller options for A{1000,500,2000}
	A1000 with AT keyboard; How, Where, How much.
	PAL Vs NTSC
		effect on A3000 display options.
	Rejuvinator info
	Lucas/Francis info
	A1000 memory hacks.

My motive for suggesting this is to get the definitive answer to the last
question.  I have seen it asked 4 times in the last month, and nobody has
posted an answer.  I NEED a cheap way to add memory to my A1000.

Hopefully, we can get somebody as classy as Edwin Hoogerbeets (never forget
that name :) to serve as the clearing-house for this information.
--
Internet:    MILES@CC.USU.EDU           "Filter first for substance. Filter
Bitnet:      MILES@USU                   second for significance. These filters

ianr@mullian.ee.mu.oz.au (Ian ROWLANDS) (06/09/90)

In article <25823@cc.usu.edu> MILES@cc.usu.edu (Miles Johnson) writes:
>This group NEEDS an Intro-to-C.S.A.H message!  Seems like half of the traffic
>is repeats.  We need a message that can be regenerated every month that
>covers the most popular topics.  For example:
[stuff deleted]

	How about the 14Mhz hack for the 500 or 2000? There's always someone
asking about that. However, I doubt the effectiveness of such postings. For
example, in c.s.a there is a great explanation about filename extensions and
how to uncompress/extract the files. Yet there is always somebody asking
about this. Don't know what you think, but it seems to me that nobody actually
read these introductory articles.

>My motive for suggesting this is to get the definitive answer to the last
>question.  I have seen it asked 4 times in the last month, and nobody has
>posted an answer.  I NEED a cheap way to add memory to my A1000.

	Maybe e-mail the people who asked the question? They may not bother
to post, but they may forward some of the replies. This idea should be
encouraged in all groups. Basically, it pisses me off when I e-mail a reply
to an article. As I read on, there are 6 postings on solving the problem. Why
can't they e-mail as well? If others want to know the answer, request from the
original poster the replies they get. There are about 6 well-known (infamous?)
posters who do this, one who will do it until the 'sun' falls from the sky
(pun is intentional, so I hope you know who I mean).

[other net.police stuff not included]

					Ian

Ian Rowlands                      | ianr@mullian.ee.mu.oz.au (main)
Dept. of Electrical Engineering,  | ianr@gondwana.ecr.mu.oz.au
 (including Computer Science)     | ianr@munmurra.cs.mu.oz.au (to 7/90)
University of Melbourne           | (How can you have a funny quote in only 4 li

peck@ral.rpi.edu (Joseph Peck) (06/11/90)

In article <25823@cc.usu.edu> MILES@cc.usu.edu (Miles Johnson) writes:
>This group NEEDS an Intro-to-C.S.A.H message!  Seems like half of the traffic
>is repeats.  We need a message that can be regenerated every month that
>covers the most popular topics.  For example:

     stuff deleted

>	A1000 memory hacks.
>
>My motive for suggesting this is to get the definitive answer to the last
>question.  I have seen it asked 4 times in the last month, and nobody has
>posted an answer.  I NEED a cheap way to add memory to my A1000.

Last week I asked about A1000 memory hacks, and have gotten 6 replies
or so.  There is still some info I am checking on, and some mail
to send.  As soon as I collect everything, I will try to summarize
and post it to the net.  Just to keep your hopes up, I have received
an article on adding 512k to your motherboard.  There are other options
though . . .

>--
>Internet:    MILES@CC.USU.EDU           "Filter first for substance. Filter
>Bitnet:      MILES@USU                   second for significance. These filters
>Turtle Mail: Miles Johnson               protect against advertising."
>             Utah State Univ. UMC 3700         -Zetetic Commentaries
>             Logan, UTAH   84322          (From David's Sling by Marc Stiegler)

                     Happy Hacking,
                     Joe Peck
                     peck@ral.rpi.edu

     Let's see, I can get two more a1000's from my dealer for $400, if
I stack them will I have a 3000?  Boy, talk about a bargain! :-)