[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] Color NTSC from A500

graham@venus.iucf.indiana.edu (JIM GRAHAM) (06/11/90)

HELP!
I'm sure this has been chewed on before, but since I'm relatively new here,
I'll ask anyway.

I'm getting into "multi-media" and I would really like to get COLOR ntsc from
my A500.  The problem is that it only supplies monochrome.

I really do NOT want to spend the bucks for a decent genlock yet.

So, the question is....How can I do this CHEAPLY.

On a similar note, the el-cheapo Ami-gen is around 100.00.  Will it allow this?

Thanks,
JIM

-> ->Disclaimer: IMHO, all of my opinions belong to ME.<- <-
| Bitnet:   GRAHAM@IUCF.BITNET                             |
| Internet: graham@venus.iucf.indiana.edu                  |
| BBS:      The PORTAL DOLMEN, (812) 334-0418, 9pm-7am EST.|
|__________________________________________________________|

In article <1342@cica.cica.indiana.edu> graham@venus.iucf.indiana.edu writes:

> I'm getting into "multi-media" and I would really like to get COLOR ntsc from
> my A500.  The problem is that it only supplies monochrome.
>
> I really do NOT want to spend the bucks for a decent genlock yet.
>
> On a similar note, the el-cheapo Ami-gen is around 100.00. Will it allow this?

Any of the genlocks, including something like the Ami-gen should be able to
create composite video output in the absence of an external video source.

You might also look at the Commodore A520 composite video adapter/RF modulator
which might be a little cheaper.  I suspect there are some similar 3-rd party
devices available.