[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] flickerfixer

gsgi_cif@troi.cc.rochester.edu (Gregory Gibson) (06/06/90)

My flicker fixer worked fine for a while...  now the screen has glitches...
it doesn't flicker but it has these glitchy things that wiggle one line of
characters... any ideas?

--

Gregory Gibson
gsgi_cif@uhura.cc.rochester.edu or  gsgi_ltd@uordbv.bitnet

mofo@bucsf.bu.edu (jason greene) (06/07/90)

I have been using a Flicker Fixer on a Magnavox VGA for about two years now
with absolutely no change in the picture, just a damn nice sharp screen...

also know a few other people who haven't had any problems and have been
operating for a long time. Try hooking it up to a newer and/or different
monitor.

Also, have you tried that one tiny adjustment screw on the card?

wizard@sosaria.imp.com (Chris Brand) (06/09/90)

In article <7755@ur-cc.UUCP> gsgi_cif@troi.cc.rochester.edu (Gregory Gibson) says:

> My flicker fixer worked fine for a while...  now the screen has glitches...
> it doesn't flicker but it has these glitchy things that wiggle one line of
> characters... any ideas?

No problem. On the back of the flickerfixer you can see a little hole. In
that hole is a screw. With the flickerfixer comes a very slim screwdriver.
Obviously you can adjust something there. Try it :-)!

--
------------------------------------
Chris Brand - wizard@sosaria.imp.com

pselver@ssi3b1.zone1.com (Peter Selverstone) (06/13/90)

In article <7755@ur-cc.UUCP> gsgi_cif@troi.cc.rochester.edu (Gregory Gibson) writes:

>My flicker fixer worked fine for a while...  now the screen has glitches...
>it doesn't flicker but it has these glitchy things that wiggle one line of
>characters... any ideas?

Go throught the phasing adjustment procedure in the manual using the
test pattern picture that is supplied with the board.  If that doesn't
cure it, then call MicroWay tech support at (508) 746-7341.  I'm
sure they will be able to help you.
--
Peter Selverstone ...{mit-eddie,pyramid,datacube}!mirror!ssi3b1!pselver
Spy Pond Systems  pselver@ssi3b1.zone1.com