[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] Panasonic KXP1124 printer

a218@mindlink.UUCP (Charlie Gibbs) (07/10/90)

In article <546@beguine.UUCP> Steven.Ayscue@samba.acs.unc.edu writes:

>I use the Panasonic 1124 printer but have been stuck with the
>360x180 resolution graphics mode of the Epson emulation mode.
>Can anyone point me to a printer driver that the IBM Proprinter
>mode can use so I can get those 360x360 dpi graphics out?

     I don't know about IBM Proprinters, but I use the NEC Pinwriter
driver; it goes to 360x360 dpi.

Charlie_Gibbs@mindlink.UUCP
I'm trying to develop a photographic memory.

Steven.Ayscue@samba.acs.unc.edu (BBS Account) (07/10/90)

Steven.Ayscue@bbs.acs.unc.edu

dales@teksce.SCE.TEK.COM (Dale Snell) (07/11/90)

In article <546@beguine.UUCP> Steven.Ayscue@samba.acs.unc.edu (BBS
Account) writes:
|I use the Panasonic 1124 printer but have been stuck with the
|360x180 resolution graphics mode of the Epson emulation mode.
|Can anyone point me to a printer driver that the IBM Proprinter
|mode can use so I can get those 360x360 dpi graphics out?

     Try using the NEC_Pinwriter printer driver.  Density six or seven,
I forget which, will give you the 360x360 density.  The NEC driver is
the same as the EpsonQ driver, but with the addition of the extra
density setting.  I use this with my KX-P1624, and it works just fine.
(The NEC_Pinwriter driver came on your 1.3 Extras disk, and is
documented in the 1.3 Enhancer Manual.)

                                    Seizure later,
				    --dds

Hark! Hark! The dogs do bark,       | Dale D. Snell       BIX:  ddsnell
The Duke is fond of kittens.        | Usenet:  dales@teksce.SCE.TEK.COM
He likes to turn their insides out, | C$erve:  74756.666@compuserve.COM
And use their fur for mittens!      | What's a disclaimer?

amhartma@silver.ucs.indiana.edu (Andy Hartman (AmigaMan)) (07/11/90)

In article <3493@teksce.SCE.TEK.COM> dales@teksce.SCE.TEK.COM (Dale Snell) writes:
>     Try using the NEC_Pinwriter printer driver.  Density six or seven,
>I forget which, will give you the 360x360 density.  The NEC driver is
>the same as the EpsonQ driver, but with the addition of the extra
>density setting.  I use this with my KX-P1624, and it works just fine.
>(The NEC_Pinwriter driver came on your 1.3 Extras disk, and is
>documented in the 1.3 Enhancer Manual.)

It's Density 7 that gives you 360 X 360. (two passes of the printhead)

>                                    Seizure later,
>				    --dds

AMH
* Andy Hartman       | I'd deny half of this crap anyway!| "Somedays, you just
* Indiana University |-----------------------------------|  can't get rid of a
*    //	 Amiga Man   |   amhartma@silver.ucs.indiana.edu |  bomb!"
*  \X/	 At Large!   |   AMHARTMA@rose.ucs.indiana.edu   | - Batman (original)