[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] A3000 2nd internal Floppy

uzun@pnet01.cts.com (Roger Uzun) (07/13/90)

Can one just mount an A2000 compatible internal floppy in an A3000,
if so is there a jumper that needs changed to make it active,
like on the 2000?
-Roger

UUCP: {hplabs!hp-sdd ucsd nosc}!crash!pnet01!uzun
ARPA: crash!pnet01!uzun@nosc.mil
INET: uzun@pnet01.cts.com

joe@cbmvax.commodore.com (Joe O'Hara - Product Assurance) (07/14/90)

In article <3496@crash.cts.com> uzun@pnet01.cts.com (Roger Uzun) writes:
>Can one just mount an A2000 compatible internal floppy in an A3000,
>if so is there a jumper that needs changed to make it active,
>like on the 2000?

Yes, you can add a second internal floppy. The jumper block to change is
J351.
  Joe O'Hara                ||      Disclaimer: I didn't say that!
  Commodore Electronics Ltd ||
  Product Assurance         || "I never lie when I have sand in my shoes."
  Systems Evaluation Group  ||             - Geordi LeForge, Star Trek TNG

In article <3496@crash.cts.com> uzun@pnet01.cts.com (Roger Uzun) writes:
> Can one just mount an A2000 compatible internal floppy in an A3000,
> if so is there a jumper that needs changed to make it active,
> like on the 2000?

yes, although it helps to have one without a bezel and with the correct eject
button.  yes #2, there is a jumper needed to make the drive configure...