[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] A3000 - 1950 Monitor Question

consp13@bingsuns.cc.binghamton.edu (Marcus Cannava) (07/04/90)

All,

	I just got my A3000 and am VERY happy with it, but I've
noticed one little thing about the monitor..

	Every now and then, the screen starts to "jitter" --
very, very little, but it does. This does not happen often,
but I've noticed it happening and wondered if it were normal.
I've seen this happen on my dealer's A3000, too.. Eventually
(after about 15 secs) it goes away.

	The monitor is an A1950. (BTW, does anyone know what
the little knob on the front-left is for? (next to the power-
switch?))

				\marc

=======

'I do not fear computers.. I fear the lack of them'  -- I. Asimov
									RNM

jms@tardis.Tymnet.COM (Joe Smith) (07/17/90)

In article <3637@bingvaxu.cc.binghamton.edu> consp13@bingsuns.cc.binghamton.edu (Marcus Cannava) writes:
>	The monitor is an A1950. (BTW, does anyone know what
>the little knob on the front-left is for? (next to the power-
>switch?))

The 4-position knob only works when feeding the monitor a TTL level signal.
You can use it on an IBM-PC with a monochrome (or Hercules) adaptor to
make text show up as green or yellow instead of white on black.
It appears to not be functional on analog systems, like the Amiga.
--
Joe Smith (408)922-6220 | SMTP: jms@tardis.tymnet.com or jms@gemini.tymnet.com
BT Tymnet Tech Services | UUCP: ...!{ames,pyramid}!oliveb!tymix!tardis!jms