[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] missplaced icons, 2nd

josef@augs.ccs.imp.com (Josef Egloff) (07/22/90)

hello,

fist, thanks to all who mailed me their hints.

a some time ago, I posted my problems with the workbench icons on my
A2000 (enhanced with GVP 68030/68882 board. There are some hints I
received, but no one helps. The problem (not really, but my eyes....)
is still there. The file-protection flags are set right (rwed) and the
harddisk isn't locked. I think the problem must be in the softhacks that
the people at GVP had done. This because, when I have a disk with a r/w
error, then comes a requester wich told me I should run DISKSALV (yes!
not the DiskDoctor) or the workbenchs name isn't workbench but FASTBENCH.
Ok, think I see the solution will be very tricky.., but I hope there is
one.

cu josef

--
<  Josef Egloff            |         USENET:  josef@augs.ccs.imp.com   >
<  Pfaffnernweg 19         |         PATH:    impch!accsys!augs!josef  >

In article <josef.100423@augs.ccs.imp.com> josef@augs.ccs.imp.com (Josef Egloff) writes:

>I think the problem must be in the softhacks that the people at GVP had done.
>This because, when I have a disk with a r/w error, then comes a requester
>wich told me I should run DISKSALV (yes! not the DiskDoctor) or the
>workbenchs name isn't workbench but FASTBENCH.

That's simply the effect of running SetCPU FASTROM, assuming you have SetCPU
V1.5.  If you're using the standard GVP Startup-Sequence, they run this
rather early on as I recall.  It doesn't make icons disappear or anything
like that, but you can comment out the SetCPU line and see this for yourself.

><  Josef Egloff            |         USENET:  josef@augs.ccs.imp.com   >

           The Dave Haynie branch of the New Zealand Fan Club