[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] 1Mx4

kent@swrinde.nde.swri.edu (Kent D. Polk) (07/25/90)

I'm having a heck of a time locating 424356 CMOS ZIP dram for my 2500. No
one seems to have them in stock & the houses that will give me a price are
asking $15-16.50 per chip. ($16.50 for Moto's version).

Does anyone have a suggestion for a reputable dealer who has these
chips at reasonable prices? I say reputable, since the local Amiga
dealer also wants to know where they can reliably purchase them. They
just discontinued dealing with two houses and are looking for someone
they can count on.

Thanks,

Kent Polk: Southwest Research Institute (512) 522-2882
Internet : kent@swrinde.nde.swri.edu
UUCP     : $ {cs.utexas.edu, gatech!petro, sun!texsun}!swrinde!kent

In article <27436@swrinde.nde.swri.edu> kent@swrinde.nde.swri.edu (Kent D. Polk) writes:

>I'm having a heck of a time locating 424356 CMOS ZIP dram for my 2500. No
>
>Kent Polk: Southwest Research Institute (512) 522-2882
>Internet : kent@swrinde.nde.swri.edu
>UUCP     : $ {cs.utexas.edu, gatech!petro, sun!texsun}!swrinde!kent

Ahhh! That's a 256x4 chip! (Thinking one thing & writing another)
Sorry about that.

Kent

rsmith@uncw.UUCP (Ross Smith) (07/26/90)

    AMPEX Coputer Supplies... I guess that is the name... (just look for
an ad with AMPEX in it) sells both the 256x4 AND 1Mx4 chips...

    I dont remember the price of the 256s (I am not interested in limiting
my machine) but they were the only place I called that actually had -in stock-
the 1Mx4 static column Zips (80ns). They are $75 each (ie $150 a meg)... about
50% more per meg than the 256s, but then with these you dont limit yourself
to just 4 megs...

    I ordered my A3000/25-40 ed system a month ago... I called CBM yesterday
and they said "We dont know when we will ship your system...". They
acknowledged that I was going to get one, but they -would not- give me a
date to expect it...

    Anyone else suffering like me?

                                       Ross Smith