[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] Amiga 3000 and a little flicker

climber@uvicctr.UVic.CA.UUCP (climber) (07/25/90)

I am using an Amiga 3000 with a 1950 monitor and I am getting 1 row
of pixels across the top that flicker quite strongly.  It only
goes from the left edge to halfway across the screen.  I am
using productivity mode.  Everything else works just awesome except
for that one row of pixels (its quite noticeable and attracts the
eye).  Anyone out there know of a fix?  (Its probably just my setup).

Please respond by e-mail.  Thanks in advance, eh.

Craig    climber@sol.UVic.ca

In article <1169@uvicctr.UVic.CA.UUCP> climber@uvicctr.UVic.CA.UUCP (climber) writes:
>I am using an Amiga 3000 with a 1950 monitor and I am getting 1 row
>of pixels across the top that flicker quite strongly.  It only
>goes from the left edge to halfway across the screen.  I am
>using productivity mode.  Everything else works just awesome except
>for that one row of pixels (its quite noticeable and attracts the
>eye).

	I don't know why it's happening, but why are you using productivity
mode?  Use hires interlaced and things will go faster (less chipram bandwidth
being eaten up).  The a3000 has a built-in deinterlacer.  (There still are
a few reasons why you might use productivity, but they're pretty rare if you
have a deinterlacer).

Common phrase heard at Amiga Devcon '89: "It's in there!"