[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] Where is pin 1?

rg20+@andrew.cmu.edu (Rick Francis Golembiewski) (08/01/90)

I should be getting some memory for my 3000 in soon, so in preparation
I took the machine apart, one thing that I couldn't find was the
orientation for the ZIPs.  In other words, where is pin # 1 on the
ZIP socket?  Is it on the right or left side of the socket?

//     Rick Golembiewski  rg20+@andrew.cmu.edu  \\
\\       #include stddisclaimer.h               //
 \\  "I never respected a man who could spell" //
  \\               -M. Twain                  //

walker@unx.sas.com (Doug Walker) (08/03/90)

In article <kahjiRq00WB8I57kQR@andrew.cmu.edu> rg20+@andrew.cmu.edu (Rick Francis Golembiewski) writes:

>I should be getting some memory for my 3000 in soon, so in preparation
>I took the machine apart, one thing that I couldn't find was the
>orientation for the ZIPs.  In other words, where is pin # 1 on the
>ZIP socket?  Is it on the right or left side of the socket?

Pin one is the one near the capacitor on each socket.  This took a call
to Commodore to determine, so don't feel bad.  Don't forget to move
the meg of fast ram DRAMS into the chip ram sockets, and don't forget
to skip the right number of ZIP sockets when installing the ZIPs.

  *****                                 NOTE NEW BBS NUMBER (AGAIN):
=*|_o_o|\\=====Doug Walker, Software Distiller====== BBS: (919)460-7430 =
  | o  |//     For all you do, this bug's for you!
  ======
usenet: ...mcnc!rti!sas!walker   plink: dwalker  bix: djwalker