[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] S-VHS w/A1000

trez@pnet51.orb.mn.org (Tom Rezachek) (08/02/90)

 I it possible to get S-VHS signals from an A1000. Are those signals available
internally? I would appreciate any help with this problem.

UUCP: {amdahl!bungia, uunet!rosevax, chinet, killer}!orbit!pnet51!trez
ARPA: crash!orbit!pnet51!trez@nosc.mil
INET: trez@pnet51.cts.com

billsey@agora.uucp (Bill Seymour) (08/04/90)

In article <2967@orbit.cts.com> trez@pnet51.orb.mn.org (Tom Rezachek) writes:
> I it possible to get S-VHS signals from an A1000. Are those signals available
>internally? I would appreciate any help with this problem.

	You can buy a product called VIP from DigiFeX that gives you a SVHS
compatible output from the RGB port. It also passes the RGB so you can leave
your monitor hooked up. A possibly cheaper alternative is the older VI500
from the same company that gives you a SVHS comapatible signal from two RCA
jacks.

--
     -Bill Seymour             ...tektronix!reed!percival!agora!billsey
Bejed, Inc.       NES, Inc.        Northwest Amiga Group    At Home Sometimes

john_w_hader@cup.portal.com (08/09/90)

I've been using the VIP from Digifex for about 2 weeks now.
Hooked up to my Magnavox 52" thru the s-vhs port makes for
AWESOME game play! I highly recommed this product.
At the same time I ordered a 25' s-vhs cable from Redmond.
This product was CRAP! Instead get the Monster s/vhs 8 meter
cable (nice!!) from Super Source Video.

Digifex: (503)656-8818
Super Source: 1-800-331-6304

                    ---JWH---