[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] Mattel power glove

vrr@cbnewsj.att.com (veenu.r.rashid) (08/19/90)

Does anyone have information on the engineering of the Mattel power glove.
I'm wondering if it would be possible to connect it to the amiga with suitable
reverse-engineering.  i heard an RS232 version is due out in a couple months.
Anybody have comments, suggestions, info?

ruze
veenu@mtfmi.att.com

In the Amiga groups, vrr@cbnewsj.att.com (veenu.r.rashid) writes:

>Does anyone have information on the engineering of the Mattel power glove.
>I'm wondering if it would be possible to connect it to the amiga with suitable
>reverse-engineering.  i heard an RS232 version is due out in a couple months.
>Anybody have comments, suggestions, info?

An extensive discussion on the Mattel Power Glove has been going on
in sci.virtual-worlds almost forever; take a look!

Latest news is that a lawsuit ended with a new party in control of glove
sales, and instead of Nintendo's limited engineering information, there
should be a glove for sale with full "high precision location" hardware
and software interface specs in about two months.

The down side is, the price about tripled, from $70 to $200, per the same
posting.

(Guess who gets to pay for the lawsuit?  Don't you just love lawyers?)

Kent, the man from xanth.