[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] GVP roms - what are the differences?

ianr@felix.ee.mu.OZ.AU (Ian ROWLANDS) (08/23/90)

	Does anybody know what are the advantages of the new roms in the
GVP Hard Disk Controllers? I probably don't need any fancy stuff on them, but
some things would be nice (i.e SPEED!).

	Reply by e-mail, and I'll summarize later if there's enough interest.

				Ian

Ian Rowlands                      | ianr@mullian.ee.mu.oz.au (main)
Dept. of Electrical Engineering,  | ianr@gondwana.ecr.mu.oz.au
 (including Computer Science)     | U431EL122@xvax.ucs.unimelb.edu.au
University of Melbourne           | ...!uunet!munnari!labtam!eyrie!gpark!ianr

rbabel@babylon.UUCP (Ralph Babel) (08/23/90)

In article <5167@munnari.oz.au> ianr@felix.ee.mu.OZ.AU (Ian
ROWLANDS) writes:

> Does anybody know what are the advantages of the new roms
> in the GVP Hard Disk Controllers? I probably don't need
> any fancy stuff on them, but some things would be nice
> (i.e SPEED!).

Yup, they're much faster, even when used with the old
controllers (unless your drive is the bottleneck).

Ralph