[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] Bernoullis

xrtnt@amarna.gsfc.nasa.gov (Nigel Tzeng) (08/22/90)

There's someone selling a Bernoulli 10+10 (two 10 meg drives) for $275.  Is
this a good price?  Also it is connected by a 37 pin connector.  Is this the
standard external SCSI pinout (I haven't counted the one in back of mine ;-)?
I'm asking because it is currently sitting off a PC that might be somewhat old.

Other than that I'm curious what drivers I may need (I have the standard
A2000HD set up - 2091A rev 4, 40 MB Quantum, rev 6 motherboard) and if the
stock 2091 software will cover it.  I also recall someone bringing up problems
with bernoullis on the Ami but I wasn't paying attention as I was planning on
getting a syquest drive instead. :-(

Any info is appreciated and time is something of an essence since I have no
idea how long the stuff will be available.  Thanks much!

NT

   // | Nigel Tzeng - STX Inc - NASA/GSFC COBE Project
 \X/  | xrtnt@amarna.gsfc.nasa.gov

Amiga | Standard Disclaimer Applies:  The opinions expressed are my own.

monty@sagpd1.UUCP (Monty Saine) (08/25/90)

My appologies to the Net, but I tried to e-mail this and it bounced.

In article <3184@dftsrv.gsfc.nasa.gov> xrtnt@amarna.gsfc.nasa.gov writes:
>There's someone selling a Bernoulli 10+10 (two 10 meg drives) for $275.  Is
>this a good price?
       ^^^^^^^^^^^
       The price is okay IF... they are still functional. Most of the 10 Megs
       we have around here are dying like flies. You might have more trouble
       locating 10 meg cartridges, so try and get some with the drives.

>................... Also it is connected by a 37 pin connector.  Is this the
>standard external SCSI pinout (I haven't counted the one in back of mine ;-)?

	Iomega (bernoulli) first used a SASI interface for the 10Meg drives.
	Make sure these are SCSI and not the older SASI. The connector is
	"standard" to Iomega but I don't know about being SCSI "standard".
	SCSI says use a 50 pin connector, Mac's use a 25 which has become
	"standard" also. If you need the pinout for the 37 Pin e-mail me
	and I will send it to  you.

	As to drivers, I'm no help there,sorry.

	Monty Saine