[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] Hardframe / ST296N problem...

napo@punisher.hut.fi (Hannu Napari) (08/24/90)

I seem to be having a slight problem with my HardFrame/ST296N. Last night
it worked fine for several hours, until... I started to load a program,
and then the r/w-led just stayed lit. The program didn't load and there
were no sound of the r/w-heads moving. After C-A-A, the r/w-led blinked,
as the controller tried to boot. The boot failed. I switched the power
off and tried to cold boot. Well...the HF doesn't even find any SCSI-
devices anymore.

I'm intending to test the controller with a working hd, and I'm
interested to hear if someone has had similar problems either with
HardFrame or ST296N. (Ok, I know it is a Seagate, but it was cheap...8)

--
Napo    $ On the rebound, fumbling all the lines / The light at the end
(leon)  $ of the bottle / Alcoholic alphabet, through the looking glass /

eric@eklektik.UUCP (/dev/tty000) (08/29/90)

In article <1990Aug24.061559.23378@santra.uucp> napo@niksula.hut.fi (Hannu Napari) writes:

>I seem to be having a slight problem with my HardFrame/ST296N. Last night
>it worked fine for several hours, until... I started to load a program,
>and then the r/w-led just stayed lit. The program didn't load and there

I had this problem with my ST296N (attatched to a StarbDrive).  Turns out
that the drive was getting too hot.  Once I got it properly mounted and
ventilated, the problem went away.

--
Eric Kennedy                    eric@eklektik.pgh.pa.us