[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] Pins on 2090 SCSI port

davewt@NCoast.ORG (David Wright) (08/12/90)

I was building a cable to go from the 37 pin Bernoulli box to the 25 pin
port on the 2090 (NOT 2090a), and while every line from the 37 pin
connector was supported on the 25 pin connector, there were 2 pins on the
25 pin connector that were not on the 37 pin connector; Pin 17, labled as
"ATN" and pin 25, labled as "TPWR". Are these pins needed by the Bernoulli
box or by the 2090 itself for it to work?

When I try to prep the drive, the drive access light comes on and stays
on, and prep aborts with the "device not prepped" message. Is it OK for
me to bind all the ground lines togather?

This problem aside, can the 2090 control both drives in the unit? Only the
first drive seems to become active when I try to prep res2:, but I haven't
seen any info on setting up a mountlist entry for a device at the same
SCSI ID as another, just using a different logical unit.

What is the proper number of cylinders/heads for the 10 meg Bernoulli
box? I am using 306 & 2, with 64 sectors per cyl.

				Dave

In article <1990Aug12.142614.4107@NCoast.ORG> davewt@NCoast.ORG (David Wright) writes:
>This problem aside, can the 2090 control both drives in the unit? Only the
>first drive seems to become active when I try to prep res2:, but I haven't
>seen any info on setting up a mountlist entry for a device at the same
>SCSI ID as another, just using a different logical unit.

	The 2090 driver only supports LUN 0.

Common phrase heard at Amiga Devcon '89: "It's in there!"