[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] 68020 boards

ianr@mullian.ee.mu.OZ.AU (Ian ROWLANDS) (09/03/90)

	Does any company still make 68020 boards for the 2000? The last one
seemed to me the 2620, but that's gone now also. It may be all right to say
that 68030 boards are cheaper now, but the fact a Ferrari is $10000 lower
doesn't mean I can afford one! So could anybody tell me about any company
who still make 68020 boards. Also could somebody mention if these boards
have the option for 32-bit ram, and their clock speeds (assuming that they do
exist).

	Thanks in advance,
				Ian

Ian Rowlands                     | ianr@mullian.ee.mu.oz.au (main)
Dept. of Electrical Engineering, | ianr@gondwana.ecr.mu.oz.au
 (including Computer Science)    | U431EL122@xvax.ucs.unimelb.edu.au
University of Melbourne          | munnari!labtam!eyrie!gpark!ianr@uunet.uu.net

hamish@waikato.ac.nz (09/04/90)

In article <5341@munnari.oz.au>, ianr@mullian.ee.mu.OZ.AU (Ian ROWLANDS) writes:
> 	Does any company still make 68020 boards for the 2000? The last one
> seemed to me the 2620, but that's gone now also. It may be all right to say
> that 68030 boards are cheaper now, but the fact a Ferrari is $10000 lower
> doesn't mean I can afford one! So could anybody tell me about any company
> who still make 68020 boards. Also could somebody mention if these boards
> have the option for 32-bit ram, and their clock speeds (assuming that they do
> exist).

 Commodore New Zealand is still selling these boards, so, I have to assume
is CBM in Australia as apparently we get all our stuff via aussie. The 2630
board hasn't shown up here I don't think. At least if you ask about a 68030
board the dealers all say one of 3 things.

   1. A Who?

or

   2. No the AMiga only uses a 68000 and can't use anything else.

or most infrequently

   3. No sorry they haven't got them here yet, don't know when

> 	Thanks in advance,
> 				Ian
>
> Ian Rowlands                     | ianr@mullian.ee.mu.oz.au (main)
> Dept. of Electrical Engineering, | ianr@gondwana.ecr.mu.oz.au
>  (including Computer Science)    | U431EL122@xvax.ucs.unimelb.edu.au
> University of Melbourne          | munnari!labtam!eyrie!gpark!ianr@uunet.uu.net

|  Hamish Marson                        |  Internet  hamish@waikato.ac.nz    |
|  Computer Support Person              |  Phone  (071)562889 xt 8181        |
|  Computer Science Department          |  Amiga 3000 for ME!                |
|  University of Waikato                |                                    |
|Disclaimer:  Anything said in this message is the personal opinion of the   |
|             finger hitting the keyboard & doesn't represent my employers   |
|             opinion in any way. (ie we probably don't agree)               |