[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] How much hardware can you buy for a 2000?

In <5374@munnari.oz.au>, ianr@felix.ee.mu.OZ.AU (Ian ROWLANDS) writes:
>	I was pricing components for my 2000 the other day, and complained
>how much money everything was (well, 030 boards are very expensive!). Then
>I had this crazy thought - how much CAN you spend on a 2000? I started
>adding up the numbers, and got a huge suprise!

>	The only criteria is if there is a choice between two things, then
>choose the BEST and MORE EXPENSIVE one. I'm trying to bump up the total as
>muchg as possible! Also, you don't have to connect them all at once (you
>would soon run out of slots). Any piece of hardware will do that does something
>useful.

I'll sell you a 2 meg memory board for $42,000. :-)

-larry

--
It is not possible to both understand and appreciate Intel CPUs.
    -D.Wolfskill

ianr@felix.ee.mu.OZ.AU (Ian ROWLANDS) (09/06/90)

	I was pricing components for my 2000 the other day, and complained
how much money everything was (well, 030 boards are very expensive!). Then
I had this crazy thought - how much CAN you spend on a 2000? I started
adding up the numbers, and got a huge suprise!

	So the question is : how much hardware can you add to a 2000, and
(more importantly) how much does it cost? EVERYTHING can be included, except
software only packages (i.e A-Max qualifies).
	I have a short list - could you add to it (and possibly complete
the prices area)?

	50Mhz 68030 board
	AT Bridgeboard
	De-Interlacer
	VGA Monitor
	A-Max
	etc.. (can't bother writing any more)

	The only criteria is if there is a choice between two things, then
choose the BEST and MORE EXPENSIVE one. I'm trying to bump up the total as
muchg as possible! Also, you don't have to connect them all at once (you
would soon run out of slots). Any piece of hardware will do that does something
useful.

	Would anybody like to continue this list (I know it's incomplete, but
I'd like some things I haven't thought of before).

				IAn

Ian Rowlands                     | ianr@mullian.ee.mu.oz.au (main)
Dept. of Electrical Engineering, | ianr@gondwana.ecr.mu.oz.au
 (including Computer Science)    | U431EL122@xvax.ucs.unimelb.edu.au